Thursday, November 13, 2008

Spelling 101

So last night we were out to dinner with my family. Mia was singing away in the restaurant as usual. It reminded my mom of how she taught me to spell my name. She said she would sing Bingo but change a few words and spell Megan instead. So I thought that was a pretty good idea so we gave it a try with Mia and her name. So here's our new song!
There was a farmer who had a girl and Mia was her name-o!

M-I-A, M-I-A, M-I-A, and Mia was her name-o!
She has been singing the song all morning long. My little girl can spell her name! I wonder what else we can teach her to spell with this song. Let the creativity begin!

1 comment:

Mrs. Hany said...

YEAH Mia!!! We have taught grace the days of the week and her phone number, through song, it really is effective for kiddos. I am going to be in town all day Saturday (I am spending the night) if you want to get together!!!