Friday, November 21, 2008

dinner for 10

I like to cook, most of the time. I also like to try new things which can go very well or not so good at dinner time. Since Matt is home now for dinner I have been working my way thru all the recipes I have found over the last few years. Most have been ok but a few have made it straight to the 'regulars' list. This week we went to the Rockettes (I'll post about that later) and I had the fam over for dinner before we went. What do you cook for Ohma (an excellent cook who makes everything from scratch, doesn't like too much spice), Ohpa (he'll eat just about anything), my Mom (happy to have someone else cooking), my Dad (tired of the same old stuff & likes spicy), Kaitlyn (she'll try anything and is always polite, even if it isn't great), Kara (who likes everything plain), and Matt and the kids? Well digging thru my recipes I decided on: Chuck Wagon Brisket, Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Caesar Salad, and homemade bread. There was barely a scrap of brisket left! I think everyone had at least 2 helping of potatoes, bread was pretty much gone. It was a success! I felt like I spent the entire day cooking but it was well worth it. And just so you know, brisket is a bit harder to find then I anticipated. Alwan Brothers had it of course and it is fairly inexpensive as far as meat goes. So until the next experiment, enjoy!

Matt was sweet enough to take care of the dirty dishes too!

No comments: