Monday, August 11, 2008

long weekend




Well we have had a great long weekend. Matt took Friday and Monday off and it was so nice to have him around those days. I actually feel like we had a weekend. We ran errands, went to a birthday party, hung out at the house and a bunch of other stuff. Mia had her 1st hair cut on Friday and did a very nice job of sitting still. No she didn't get bangs and it was only a trim but we all survived. I had bangs when i was a kid and it apparently left its mark on me b/c I am pretty sure I will never give my child them unless she wants them really bad. (No pics of the actual hair cutting. I am trying hard to enjoy moment and not feel the need to enjoy it thru a camera lens. )

Today we went out to lunch @ Eddies and let the kids play at the beach. There are not a lot of beaches around here even with all the lakes the Inland Northwest has to offer. So we took a nice drive over and of course Mia fell asleep as we were pulling into the restaurant. Dane slept most of the drive over. As we were driving over I was trying to really enjoy the view, they just don't make them like that in IL.







Funny quote: "Mommy, you want to make babies with me?" Mia was making wet piles of sand at the beach and calling them her babies. Matt and I got a good chuckle out of that one.

No comments: