Monday, January 26, 2009

drum roll please

I have finished up a few sewing projects. I find it very therapeutic and relaxing. So our dining room will probably be setup for sewing projects for a while. I think it's a good thing. I have something to show at the end, it's not too expensive a habit, and I can start and stop pretty quickly if the kids wake up from a nap. So here's what I have made in the last week or so.


Mia saw this fabric and really wanted it. I don't usually buy my kids character clothes but I did.
Mia's dress/swimsuit cover up

Dane's Halloween bag. Pretty simple. I made Mia one last year.
These are the curtains I made for our kitchen. They are made out of burlap. I never knew it was available in so many colors! They are lined with a thermal lining that I can take out in the summer if I want. I really like the idea of the material. It will block out the direct sunlight that sometimes blinds us when we sit down for dinner in the summer. You can see a little of the lining sticking out at the bottem. I left it long to help keep out the drafts we are getting from the slider there.






I have a matching roman shade I made for the window over the sink. It's just not up yet and I have one other project but it is just going into the mail tomorrow for my girls out in WA. Don't know how often they check this but wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!
I am still waiting for the material for Mia's other dress. Hopefully it arrives today. I will be sure to put up some pics when it is all done.

2 comments:

Nick and Erin said...

Love them all-so crafty and talented!

Sarah Jackson said...

Meg!!! You are awesome!!! I LOVE IT ALL:) Good job. You need to give me some lessons:)