Sunday, January 11, 2009

Feeling motivated

So it's Sunday evening and we are just hanging out at home. We got the basement storage in order this morning, the house is relatively picked up (it will be years before it is all picked up), and Mia and I just got home from Elisabeth's 1st birthday party. She had the cutest little dress on and was a trooper throughout the party. Mia fed her some ice cream and promptly fell asleep as soon as we got in the car.
So I am sitting here and feeling motivated. I have a long list of sewing projects. Now I am going to add to the list: dresses for Mia. I found a very simple design and I figure if I start now I could have several done by summer. Once I get one done I'll post some pics. I need to find some good fabric. I'll take any suggestions people have on where look in the Peoria area. I am also hoping to make Dane some overalls for the summer. Here are a few other things on my sewing list:
- Halloween bag for Dane
- Curtains for kitchen door and window
- Christmas placemats
- New bedspread and curtains
- Mnd some of Matt's jeans

I think that my dining room is going to be setup for sewing for a while. I will probably ask my Grandma help on some of it. And my sewing time is pretty much limited to when Dane sleeps. Let's hope he sticks with 2 naps for a while longer!

Matt will probably read this and say to himself "I'll believe it when I see it." So I am hoping this helps me stay motivated.

Now maybe I should get motivate to make some dinner for my fam..

2 comments:

Sarah Jackson said...

Meg, you are such a good mom:) I am so excited to see all of your projects!!!

Nick and Erin said...

Wow--you are good. My newest project (thanks to you) is Brent's baby book I have been putting off.