Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain, Rain, drain away

We had a busy morning. Our basement had water with all the rain we have had in the last couple days. I think that we have had over 8 inches since Friday! Anyways the pump that we have couldn't keep up and so we had to bail water by hand for a bit. We had 2 pumps (borrowed 1 from my dad) going and still weren't making any progress. Then Matt's dad picked up another one. This one is a heavy duty one. So I think we are in the clear with the water situation, for now. We have had more rain since we moved in at this house then we ever saw in WA. And people always think WA is so rainy! Go figure. I'll be watching the news to hear an official rain total. I'll let you know when I hear something. Official rain total for Sept as of Sept 15 is 11.7 inches!

My dad's shop has over 5 ft of water in the basement, makes me thankful we only had what we did!

No comments: