Sunday, October 26, 2008

this week

I am ambitious this week. Or crazy. I am making both kids Halloween costumes, a trick or treat bag (did that today) and my sisters have 4 basketball games. We are also trying to get Mia to stay in her bed all night. Since we moved she has been waking up more and heading down the hall to our bed. Should be interesting. Nothing like waiting until the last minute on the Halloween costumes.

I read this in one of my magazines the other day and thought that's a good train of thought. I am going to approach things this way this week and see how it goes. Here's the idea: Replace "Don't throw your food" with "Keep dinner on the plate."

3 comments:

Maiasaura said...

this week is crazy for me too! the kids' costumes are done, but i'm helping with the party in Simon's classroom. actually, wednesday is the peak of my crazy week. after that it should be smooth sailing. good luck with your costumes. can't wait to see them.

it's always so much better to phrase things in a positive way. it can be hard to remember... a hard habit to break, but so worth the effort. do you have a lot of food-throwing at dinner? :-) i need to remember this tip too.

Megan said...

No actual throwing of food. Just trying to refocus their energy throughout the day in a positive way.

Mrs. Hany said...

I think your crazy, but when Mia and Dane look back they will love that their mama made their costumes. My favortie costume ever was one that my dad made with me.... Go Mama Megs!!!!!!