Thursday, March 19, 2009

life is good

I get to wake up to this sweet face. How lucky am I?

Hello everyone! I have been loving this weather lately. Mia said the funniest thing this morning to me (she is at that age where she loves to talk and most of it is very funny.)

Mia: Mommy last night when you were bye-bye and it was dark out. I watched a show with Daddy. The ladies had babies in their tummies and they popped them out!

Me: I turn around with a slightly confused look on my face trying to figure out what she is talking about. Then I remember that New Adventures of Old Christine was on and they have a couple ladies on that show that are preggo. So, it makes sense but for a moment I had to wonder what kind of shows they watched when i am not around.
Since we have moved back to IL, Matt has taken over bath time duties. He used to be at work at night so he missed out on the majority of them. (That means I DID the majority of them!) It gives me a little quiet time or time to sit on the couch and just relax for a bit. On Tuesday night just as he was getting ready to get the kids into the bath Harold called and so I took over the routine. I had a great time watching them splash around. Sometimes you need to break out of the routine just to see what happens on the other side. Now I will hand bath time back to Matt and enjoy my 15 minutes of 'me' time.




He just wanted to stay wrapped up in his frog towel. I just wanted to snuggle him!
Dane is currently obsessed with his belly button. He pushes it and says' "Beep Beep!" If he sees someone else's watch out, he now will go after that one. He wakes up in the morning and he's in his crib "Beep Beep." Same thing at nap time. I think he might go into shock in a couple weeks in FL when everyone has their swimsuits on. His favorite belly button, after his, is Papa's.

Mia walks around the house singing all day. Making ups songs, mixing up words to actual songs and singing some just like they were sang to her. I love it. I wish I could bottle it up and save it for 10 years down the road. The Hokey Pokey is a current fave. Kaitlyn and Kara do it with her and you should see her stick her bum in and shake it all around. I am pretty sure she gets that from me.
Here is Mia trying to figure out what to wear. She is such a girl!

1 comment:

Nick and Erin said...

i love how dane is always so smiley...and wow mia's hair is so long. Love it!