Thursday, December 18, 2008

done, kind of

Well today was the 1st day of Matt's 2 and a half weeks of vacation. This could be good or bad. Time will tell. He keeps telling me that i will be ready for him to go back to work and I keep telling him that he will be ready to get back to work. Check back after the 1st of the year.
I finished up my shopping today. I started off really good, got a ton of it done the day after Thanksgiving. I don't think I have been back out since. So today I hit a few stores and called it good. I tried to make a list, stick to it and not go overboard. It's just so much easier to say then do. So I may have a few things to return when i actually sit down and look at it all. Our kids are so lucky that we could probably not get them a thing and they would never notice with all the gifts they receive from the rest of the fam. Well, there's always next year to do better. Now I have to start wrapping. Maybe tomorrow while I bake some cookies and stay home with all this ice we are suppose to get tonight.
It is a bit weird this year already being in IL for the holidays. I am so used to staying at my p's house during this time that it is taking some getting used to. We are always together to bake cookies and wrap presents late at night. Now there are a million other things that we have been able to do since we are living and I am not complaining, just saying it is different.
The ice has arrived here but it is nothing compared to what Libery Lake, WA has been hit with this week. They have over 24 inches of snow with more on the way. Hope all the kids back in the 'hood are loving it. Bundle up!

1 comment:

Maiasaura said...

man, don't cat employees have a sweet deal? we cannot believe how much vacation he gets. hopefully we can enjoy each other this whole time and not get annoyed. it can be hard to change routines, even when it means someone we love is around more. well, good luck to you guys and have a great holiday!