Thursday, June 5, 2008

my big girl!

Last night, after dinner Mia showed me what a big girl she is getting to be. Over the last week or so we have been trying to teach her a little responsibility around the house. I figure it's never too early to start. So Matt or I will have her clear part of the dishes or help set the table. Matt called right as we were finishing dinner and while I was talking to him Mia cleared all of her dishes and even put her silverware into the dishwasher! Without even being asked!! It was just one of those moments when you realize how much kids are really capable of doing. Mia also likes to get out a spoon for her and a spoon for me each morning. She puts it at my spot on the table and as soon as I come out to eat my cereal she says, "Mommy, I got your spoon for you!" It's such a nice way to start the day.

No comments: